This voluntary initiative encourages individuals to take part in a variety of activities such as raising awareness, education, data collection and observation which may have a positive impact on preserving marine environments.
These initiatives may involve well-defined projects or may be a new initiative you join or start in your community. The idea is to get as many people engaged and contributing as possible.
Download a copy of our MLSS stewardship manual to learn more.
MLSS would like to thank the Barnet Rifle Club of Burnaby BC for their gracious donation towards our stewardship program and the conservation of local marine species.
Other ways to help our oceans:
– Vancouver Aquarium Rockfish abundance and Lingcod eggmass dive surveys
– Check out DFO’s website for local stewardship projects
– Report sighting of cetaceans at the BC Cetacean Sightings Nework
– Report jellyfish sighting through jellywatch
– Participate in the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
For more info and to get involved, take our Stewardship Pledge and receive notifications of a variety of future initiatives